Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Landlord and Real Estate News / Reporting Tenants to Credit Agencies without a SS Number
Bill the Landlord mentions in his post & provided a link to your site to find instructions or how to report a tenant without a ss number after they refuse to pay for damages to a rent home beyond the security deposit amount after they vacate? I don't see the post anywhere. I have before & after photos of my rent home and repair receipts and have provided an itemized list to a tenant within regarding what was deducted from his security deposit & what is still owed by him. I have billed him as well as his company, several times with payment deadlines. His company provided a "Guaranty Letter " with his signed lease agreement, yet, neither will pay, he refuses to believe that he caused any damage. The home was totally remodeled top to bottom & was immaculate when he leased it. No one had lived there. When he filled out his lease application, he could not provide a ss number on it because he is foreign & was brought in by his company a week earlier to work here for 4-5 years & had not obtained it yet. He said he was "in the process of obtaining a ss number & DL number". But, I never could get it from him after repeated requests throughout the lease. That was a red flag, I know. I have copies of his VISA & passport and the company’s “guaranty letter”, which is deceitful of them to provide if they thought it would influence the credit approval process in lieu of his not having US credit established and a ss # & now they won't stand by it. In the meantime, I wanted to know who to turn to or how can I report him to a credit bureau while he is still in this country for the next few years for his delinquent bill? He is leasing another home with another unsuspecting landlord now & I'd like to at least warn other future landlords to take much higher security deposits if they choose to rent to him or any of his company's employees brought over here. Thanks for your help.
Barb P, TX on Tuesday, June 18, 2013
RE: Reporting Tenants to Credit Agencies without a SS Number
I have never reported a tenant before, but I do know that its possible. There are companies that do this, or you can contact one of the major credit organizations and see how you personally may do this.
Posted by karen s, WI on Thursday, June 20, 2013
I have never faced such problem with my tenants as my property management company, Hunter Rentals & Property Management handles all such cases for me. I think you should consult to a property management company as they would assist you in the best possible way.
Posted by liza r, TX on Thursday, January 16, 2014
I also never faced such issues with my tenants.
Posted by Alexis C, UT on Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Posted by jahfwkwi j, on Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Posted by jahfwkwi j, on Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Documents related to this forum

Pest Control - Bed Bug Addendum

Residential Lease Agreement with eSign

Free Rental Application (Handwrite-In)

Pet Addendum

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Ralph F, CA
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Gregory T, CA
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
The ezLandlordForms team gives advice to first-time landlords on Designing Spaces!

Buzz About ezLandlordForms

ActiveRain Logo  says:
"very robust and user friendly"
— Brad Andsersohn, Community Builder
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Call us: 1-877-367-6771

We are available 7 days a week to answer your questions and to receive your feedback.

Carbon Free - CarbonFund.org website security ezLandlordForms, LLC BBB Business Review
ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2019, ezLandlordForms LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program
Version: 1.325.0